It’s February and that means Valentine’s Day is almost here! That mid-winter holiday dedicated to love and the people in our lives who are so special to us, near and far. If you are looking for sweet ways to celebrate the day, here are a few ideas:
Kids love to get into the Valentine’s Day spirit! Keep your little cupids busy by making some Valentine’s Day crafts and treats together.
[ctt template=”8″ link=”N64e0″ via=”yes” nofollow=”yes”]Kids love to get into the Valentine’s Day spirit! Keep your little cupids busy by making these Valentine’s Day crafts and treats together.[/ctt]
Handprint and poem – Unite a touching poem with your child’s handprint and you have a meaningful Valentine’s Day keepsake for any loved one near or far. Ideal for including in a Valentine’s Day military care package.
Healthy heart-shaped snacks – Hearts abound with these fun and festive treats created with yummy veggies and fruit.
Valentine Tic Tac Toe Snack Craft – This is candy, a graham cracker and game all in one! Super cute and simple to make – no baking required!
Throw a Valentine’s Day party
Turn your home into Valentine’s Day party central. You can throw a Covid-19 safe Valentine’s Day party at home for your immediate family members, you can even video chat your loved ones. Here are some ideas for hosting a socially distant Valentine’s Day shindig on a budget:
- Shop for supplies at your local commissary and at stores that offer military discounts – and don’t forget those coupons!
- Instead of a full meal, serve a variety of finger foods
- Use any holiday leftovers, such as red or white ribbons, as decorations. You can create hearts, roses, etc.
- Keep it simple – A candy in a jar guessing game, a candy/toy treasure hunt, DIY construction paper hearts, dollar store trinkets and similar items can transform any room into a fun, festive space. You don’t have to spend a lot!
- You can even use streaming services to watch movies with your loved ones even if you can’t be in the same household.
Valentine’s Day is a wonderful day to show your loved ones that they are in your heart – but of course, it is just one day. You can express your devotion, affection and gratitude to the special people in your life any day of the year.
Happy Valentine’s Day!
Omni Financial does not endorse, recommend or imply affiliation with the listed companies or organizations.